Exilic Prophecy (OT423i/623i)
A day of training in writing engaging, biblical kids talks with Quiz Worx
Monday evening lectures at Narrabeen
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
Dr Peter Lau
Old Testament Lecturer - Seminari Theoloji Malaysia
Peter was born in Hong Kong but grew up in Sydney, Australia. He worked as a medical general practitioner for about fifteen years. He has teaching experience at SMBC and the University of Sydney. Since 2010 he has been teaching at Seminari Theoloji Malaysia.
His research interests include Old Testament narrative, Social Identity Theory, Biblical Theology, and contextual readings of the Bible. He has published on Ruth, Ezekiel and Psalms. A commentary on Esther and an edited volume on Ecclesiastes (both reading within an Asian context) are forthcoming. He is currently back to writing on Ruth. Peter is married to Kathryn and they have three children.
- Songs for Troubled Times: Expositions of Some Psalms. Barker, Paul A., and Peter H. W. Lau. Petaling Jaya: Pustaka Sufes, 2016.
- Unceasing Kindness: A Biblical Theology of Ruth. Lau, Peter H. W., and Gregory Goswell. NSBT. Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Reading Ruth in Asia, Havea, Jione, and Peter H. W. Lau, eds. Interational Voices in Biblical Studies. Atlanta: SBL, 2015.
- 'Restoring the Middle Child: Applying the Book of Ruth in Malaysia', in What Young Asian Theologians Are Thinking, edited by Theng Huat Leow, 25-36. Singapore: Trinity Theological College, 2014.
- For His Holy Name: Judgement and Hope in Ezekiel. Lau, Peter H. W., and Eugene Hor. Singapore: Armour, 2014.
- Ezekiel: For His Glory. Leyland: 10Publishing, 2014.
- The Book of Ruth: Risky Kindness. Singapore: Genesis/STM, 2012.
- Identity and Ethics in the Book of Ruth: A Social Identity Approach. BZAW 416. Berlin: de Gruyter, 2011.