A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge gap year program
An inspiring service of celebration
Save the date!
Dr Peter Lau
Peter was born in Hong Kong but grew up in Sydney, Australia. He worked as a medical general practitioner for about fifteen years. He has teaching experience at SMBC and the University of Sydney, and taught at Seminari Theoloji Malaysia 2010-2018.
His research interests include Old Testament narrative, Social Identity Theory, Biblical Theology, and contextual readings of the Bible. He has published on Ruth, Ezekiel, Psalms and Esther. An edited volume on Ecclesiastes (reading from Asia and Pasifika) is forthcoming. He is currently back to writing on Ruth. Peter is married to Kathryn and they have three children.
- Reading Ecclesiastes from Asia and Pasifika, Havea, Jione, and Peter H. W. Lau, eds. Interational Voices in Biblical Studies. Atlanta: SBL, forthcoming.
- Journey through Esther. Singapore: Our Daily Bread Ministries, 2019.
- Esther. Asia Bible Commentary. Carlisle: Langham, 2018.
- Songs for Troubled Times: Expositions of Some Psalms. Barker, Paul A., and Peter H. W. Lau. Petaling Jaya: Pustaka Sufes, 2016.
- Unceasing Kindness: A Biblical Theology of Ruth. Lau, Peter H. W., and Gregory Goswell. NSBT. Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Reading Ruth in Asia, Havea, Jione, and Peter H. W. Lau, eds. Interational Voices in Biblical Studies. Atlanta: SBL, 2015.
- 'Restoring the Middle Child: Applying the Book of Ruth in Malaysia', in What Young Asian Theologians Are Thinking, edited by Theng Huat Leow, 25-36. Singapore: Trinity Theological College, 2014.
- For His Holy Name: Judgement and Hope in Ezekiel. Lau, Peter H. W., and Eugene Hor. Singapore: Armour, 2014.
- Ezekiel: For His Glory. Leyland: 10Publishing, 2014.
- The Book of Ruth: Risky Kindness. Singapore: Genesis/STM, 2012.
- Identity and Ethics in the Book of Ruth: A Social Identity Approach. BZAW 416. Berlin: de Gruyter, 2011.