A Heart for the Lost: Moved by God's Mission
Ideal for all Christians who want their hearts and minds challenged to think biblically on life issues
A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
A 16 day study tour of Jordan and Israel, including an MA unit
Early New Testament Church (NT302i/502i)
Lecturer - Church History
Prior to SMBC:
Rachel studied Visual Communication and International Studies at the University of Technology, Sydney (2001-2003), before commencing studies at SMBC in 2004. She moved to England in 2005, where she and her husband ministered at an Evangelical Anglican Church in Hove, East Sussex. They returned to Sydney in 2009, where they began a church plant in Marrickville. Rachel completed her studies at SMBC in 2010, specialising in the English Reformation, particularly Thomas Cranmer and the interaction between two key points of his theology: his Erastianism and his Eucharistic position.
Publications and Research:
- 'Cranmer’s Doctrine of the Monarchy and Eucharist: An Examination of Their Interaction,' Lucas: An Evangelical History Review 2:3 (2011): 19-43.
- Christian Reformed Churches of Australia NSW Annual Women’s Conference (2014)
- SMBC Women’s Conference (2014)
- Church History Seminar at Tasmanian Christian Convention (2013-3014)
- Church History Seminars at various Sydney churches (2010 – current)
- Women’s evangelistic events at various Sydney churches (2009 – current)
- Various Bible talks at Bishop Hannington Church, Hove
Church History, particularly the English Reformation. She has also spent time researching Church History in Italy and the UK, so Church History connected with those areas is also of particular interest.
Rachel is married to Ross, and they have two young sons. They live in Marrickville where her husband is the pastor of Marrickville Road Church. She loves enjoying the diversity of Marrickville, reading for fun, and learning the flying trapeze.
High res photo download (4.5MB)