An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE 211i)
Doctrines of Grace and Eschatology (TH403i/603i)
All your part-time study needs under one roof in one evening!
Learn about your study options at Narrabeen
Rev Dr Malcolm Gill
Lecturer - Preaching, New Testament, Coordinator of Master of Arts Program
Prior to SMBC:
Malcolm worked in graphic design in the printing industry prior to pursuing theological studies. Though initially wanting to do two years study of the Bible, with the goal of returning to graphic design, Malcolm continued his theological studies and eventually earned three degrees in the area including a Ph.D in New Testament studies from Dallas Theological Seminary, where he also taught Preaching in the Pastoral Ministries Department. Malcolm was on the pastoral team at Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco Texas, before returning to Australia to serve as the evening minister at St. Barnabas Anglican Church in Broadway. Malcolm joined the SMBC faculty in 2009.
Publications and Research:
- 'Missing in Action: Theological Reflection on the Absence of the Aged, Poor, and Disenfranchised in Contemporary Church Planting Movements' in Journal of Disability & Religion, Vol. 21, No. 1, 2017.
- 'Praying Lament' in Finding Lost Words: The Church's Right to Lament, eds. G. Geoffrey Harper and Kit Baker (Oregon: Wipf & Stock, 2017).
- 'A Strengthening Song for the Sad Soul: A Sermon on Psalm 13' in Finding Lost Words: The Church's Right to Lament, eds. G. Geoffrey Harper and Kit Baker (Oregon: Wipf & Stock, 2017).
- 'A Re-evaluations of the relationship between 'little ones' and 'their angels' in Matthew 18:10' (ETS paper, presented in San Antonio, U.S.A. November, 2016).
- '2 Corinthians' Book Review. Themelios. Vol 40:3, 2015.
- 'Urbans Legends of the New Testament' Book Review. Themelios. Vol 40:3, 2015.
- Knowing Who You Are: Eight surprising images of Christian identity (Wipf and Stock, 2015). (Also available for purchase from the SMBC online store)
- 'Joshua Typology in the New Testament' Book Review. Themelios, 39:1, 2014.
- Prayer: An Invitation to Meet with God (Insight for Living, 2013).
- 'Paul through Mediterranean Eyes' Book Review. Themelios, Vol 37:1, 2012.
- 'Jesus and Politics' in Conversations with Paul Conference (Wesley Institute, 2012).
- 'Entrusted with the Gospel' Book Review. Themelios, Vol 35:2, 2010.
- Jesus as Mediator: Politics and Polemic in 1 Timothy 2:1–7 (Peter Lang: Oxford, 2008).
- Belgrave Heights Men's Convention
- Biserica Harvest Church: Arad, Romania
- Christ the King Church: Lebanon
- Christian Community Churches of New Zealand Conference
- Basecamp: Katoomba Men's Convention
- Adam Road Presbyterian Church, Singapore
- English Presbytery of Singapore, Church Conference
- Manipur Baptist Convention (India)
- Western Plains Youth Convention
- Living Stones Convention (New Zealand)
- Christival Conference, Palm Beach Atlantic University (U.S.A.)
- Katoomba Youth Convention (KYCK)
- Himalayan Graduate School of Theology, Guest Lecturer (Nepal)
- Toukley Men’s Convention
- Christian Community Churches Pastor’s Conference (New Zealand)
- Western Sydney Men’s Convention
- Moody Bible Institute (U.S.A)
- Tropics Keswick Convention
- Riverina Christian Convention
- Wesley Institute’s Paul in Conversation Conference
- Katoomba Next Gen Convention
- Combined churches of Wellington Easter Convention (New Zealand)
- Mt Tamborine Christian Convention
New Testament backgrounds, Homiletics.
Malcolm is an active member of St Barnabas Anglican Church in Broadway and is married to Tamara . They have three lively children who keep them very busy. He enjoys eating mangos, family trips to Maroubra Beach, and watching sport of any kind.
High res photo download (4.4MB)