A great online opportunity to check out The Bridge gap year program from wherever you are!
A great opportunity to check out SMBC in person
An inspiring time of celebration
A great online opportunity to check out SMBC from wherever you are!
The Bridge Communications and Event Coordinator
Sydney Missionary and Bible College’s vision is to see thousands of loving, skilled graduates bringing the light of Christ to a dark and needy world. For over 100 years, it has aimed to achieve its vision by creating learning communities through which God prepares his people – theologically, spiritually, and practically – to serve Jesus in diverse contexts and cultures.
The Bridge is SMBC's Bible-centred, missions-focussed gap year program for 18 to 21s. Located at our Roberts-Dale campus at Croydon Park in Sydney, it predominantly runs separately to SMBC programs. Participants can study at diploma, certificate, or audit levels.
The Bridge is built on several key areas that interrelate. The Bridge to: Spiritual Growth, Global Mission, Purposeful Learning, New Relationships and Practical Skills.
About the Role
As the Communications and Events Coordinator, you’ll be working alongside the Director of The Bridge, primarily in the administration of The Bridge program. You’ll be actively involved in communications with prospective and current students, partners and service providers, and in the coordination of internal and external promotional events. Shared leadership with The Bridge staff team in the daily program and shared responsibility in providing pastoral care to the student women, is also an important aspect of this role.
We’re praying for someone who :
- is a mature Christian and committed member of a local church.
- is a person pursuing a godly lifestyle consistent with Christian standards of holiness in providing a Christian example to students.
- is someone with leadership and interpersonal presence.
- has strong organisational and administrative skills.
- has strong written communication skills
- has experience in the provision of pastoral care to young adult women
- has event design and management skills.
- has a high level of computer literacy – MS Office.
- is someone with an undergraduate theological degree with a keen interest in mission.
Closing Date for Applications
9 October, 2023
We expect to interview selected applicants towards the end of October 2023.
The start date can be negotiable, but ideally, we'd like the new coordinator to receive a handover for one week in early December 2023, with a view to commencing full-time in January 2024.
Click here for the position description
For any questions, please contact Kate Williamson in the SMBC Service Centre on 9747 4780.
Note: The Bridge staff team and students are on their overseas cultural study tour during September.
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at The Bridge!