A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
Self-Care and Resilience in Ministry (PC718i)
For all those interested in joining the tour
Exilic Prophecy (OT423i/623i)
Welcome to the SMBC jobs section. There are currently two positions, Principal and Librarian.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - SMBC PRINCIPAL
Sydney Missionary and Bible College (SMBC) is a vibrant interdenominational Bible College in Australia (at seminary level) and enjoys a reputation for sound biblical and theological tertiary education. The key focus of the College is to train students for Christian ministry within multicultural Australia and overseas.
The College was established in April 1916 by a returned missionary of the China Inland Mission, Reverend C. Benson Barnett.
Located in Sydney’s inner west, SMBC offers students a flexible approach by teaching a wide range of accredited degrees and diplomas up to PhD level with full-time and part-time study options. Approximately half the student body live on campus and an online capability is offered to our postgraduate cross-cultural workers in the field.
Expressions of interest are sought for the position of Principal, commencing January 2020.
The Principal is responsible for the effective preparation of people for Christian service in local, cross-cultural and international vocational and non-vocational ministries through:-
- oversight of all SMBC courses and programmes ensuring Bible-centredness, theological depth and educational rigour;
- fostering the strong missions focus that underpins all aspects of the students’ learning and College life;
- pastoral leadership of the SMBC community (faculty, staff and students) in their worship of God and encouragement of one another;
- the determination to maintain the interdenominational character of the College;
- strategic and visionary planning for growth (in conjunction with the Board) with the effective use of human and other resources in managing and promoting the College.
This is a challenging and unique role for a servant-hearted, cross culturally mission-minded Christian leader.
The Principal will be able to demonstrate and model a lifestyle consistent with Christian standards of holiness, be an outstanding Christian leader and be held in high esteem for preaching and teaching across the Christian community.
Please initiate Expressions of Interest and any questions to the Chairman of SMBC, Geoff Deane via mobile +61 418 272 589 or by email on email@example.com
Potential candidates need to follow the instructions below to make application for the position. Applications close 30 June 2019 or when the position is filled.
Instructions for Candidates
To assist you in considering whether you might apply for the position, please refer to the following:
- This website, which provides general information about the College, including SMBC’s doctrinal statement which all our staff are required to endorse.
- The Principal’s position description.
If you wish to apply for the position, please email your application to Geoff Deane, SMBC Chairman ( see details above). Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
In your application, please include the following:
- Your curriculum vitae (including names of referees).
- A brief statement of no more than two pages in which you list what you see as your strengths against each of the points in the ‘Knowledge/Skills/Experience’ section of the Position Description. (Please note that it is understood you may not be able to demonstrate that you substantially satisfy all the listed 'Knowledge/Skills/Experience' criteria.)
You can also include other material in your application you believe may be of interest to us in considering your application. We will endeavour to respond to your application as soon as possible.