A great online opportunity to find out all about The Bridge gap year program
A great opportunity to check out study at SMBC and The Bridge
Online Wednesday Evening Talks
Postponed. See you in March 2022!
Welcome to our jobs page. There are currently four positions available. See below for details.
New Testament Lecturer
Thank you for your interest in this full-time SMBC New Testament lecturer position commencing 1 July, 2021.
This vacancy has arisen following the promotion of Dr Alan Thompson to the role of Senior Lecturer/Head of New Testament Department.
The person we are seeking will:
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador for study of the Bible, with a track record of discipling men and women in New Testament studies;
- Be a gifted teacher and trainer, with suitable experience and academic qualifications;
- Be an empowering and effective people-manager and team player; and
- Have a strong and growing relationship with the Lord.
To view the full position description please click here.
Please send your expression of interest and/or resume to email@example.com
Applications close 31 January, 2021.
It is expected interviews will take place during February and March 2021.
Thanks again for your interest.
Audio Visual Support Officer
Please send your resume and/or questions to the attention of Greg Swanton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close end of January 2021, for shortlisting, interviews and an expected commencement soon after!
Thanks for your interest in joining the team at SMBC.
As a residential and day College, we're searching for a skilled full-time assistant chef to support the work and ministry of SMBC through the preparation and cooking of a wide variety of foodstuffs. This role, based in Croydon is 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday and occasional weekend work as per the Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2010.
The Assistant Chef will be responsible for skilled work including the preparation and cooking of a wide variety of foodstuffs and will report to the Chef for day-to-day operational direction and be accountable to the Hospitality Services Manager. View the full position description here
The successful applicant will:
- have a strong alignment with SMBC’s mission and values. In your application please demonstrate how you align with the purpose of SMBC as outlined under 'About SMBC' – on this website;
- preferably hold a Certificate IV in Trade Cookery or equivalent qualifications;
- have a background or experience working in a Commercial kitchen;
- hold a current valid working with children check.
Please email your application and resume to email@example.com or call the SMBC administration centre on (02) 9747 4780 for further information. Applications close on 31 January 2020.
Community Reception Officer - Three Days a Week
Do you love all things admin and customer service? Are you passionate about supporting the work and ministry of students and staff at SMBC? Have we got a role for you!
We're looking for someone who can join us in the administration centre three days a week from Wednesday's to Friday's with possible options for this to become a permanent part-time role.
Are you someone who has:
- A great customer service experience record
- Strong communication skills
- Strong teamwork and experience in administrative skills and personal integrity
- High level of computer literacy and adaptation to new software, such as Xero, and Salesforce.
- Proven experience in problem-solving and decision making
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A Working with Children and Vulnerable people clearance
To view the position description, click here.
Please email your application and resume firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SMBC administration centre on (02) 9747 4780 for further information. Applications close on 20 January 2020 or contact us after that date.