Wednesday Evening Talks till 15 May
Hope: Certain hope for kids living in an uncertain world
Understanding and Preaching Deuteronomy (OT746i)
Between Rescue and Home: Preaching Discipleship from the Book of Deuteronomy
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
2018 Children’s Ministry Conference
Going The Distance: Growing Faith In Kids That Lasts A Lifetime
Faith is a gift given by God. It is his work from beginning to end.
Yet God calls on us to be careful not to cause little ones to stumble. We can impact a child’s faith for good or ill.
In a world that tries to pulls us away from God, what are the key things we can do which will help establish in children a faith that is deep and strong – a faith that will weather the storms - a faith that lasts a lifetime?
The 2018 SMBC Children's Ministry Conference explored ways of helping grow our kids’ faith - as we long to see them Going the Distance.
- 'Going the Distance' – Sandy Galea
- Bible Talk: 2 Timothy 1 – David Starling
- Quiz Worx Presentation - Quiz Worx (Note: Quiz Worx's free 'Answering Questions' resource is available here)
- Panel Discussion - Various
- 'Kids ask the best questions' - Sarah Lancaster (Kids' and Families' Minister, Christ Church Gladesville)
- 'Kids need more than kids' - Naomi de Vries (Children’s pastor, Church by the Bridge, Kirribilli) and Tim Beilharz (Children's Ministry Advisor, Anglican Youthworks)
- 'Using gifts to serve' - Sandy Galea (Lead Children's Minister, MBM Rooty Hill)
- 'Safe places for every doubt' - Adam Jolliffe (Children’s & Family Minister, Life Anglican, Quakers Hill)
- 'Transitions that strengthen' - Kirrily Griffiths (Children's Ministry Team Leader, EV Church, Erina)
- 'Kids knowing and serving kids younger than themselves' - Stephanie Kyme (Pastor for Children, St Mark’s Anglican Church, Northbridge)
- 'Growing faith in the very young (Under 5s)' and 'Opening our front door (Under 5s)' - Jenny Cooke (Under 5s Music Playtime leader, Orange)
The Plenary Sessions can be purchased from our online store.