Wednesday Evening Talks till 23 May
Going The Distance: Growing Faith That Lasts A Lifetime
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
Reformation and Revival (CH789i)
Doctrines of Grace and Eschatology (TH403i/603i)
2018 January Intensive Unit 2
There is no more important question in life than, “What must I do to be saved?” The doctrines of grace are concerned with God’s plan of salvation from election through to glorification, through which He brings about his eternal purposes for his creation, and in particular, for those he has chosen by grace to be His people. They also describe how the finished work of Jesus Christ is applied by the regenerating and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit to the believer, who by virtue of their union with Christ, is justified, adopted and perfected to share in his glory.
Eschatology is intrinsically connected to the doctrines of grace because it is concerned with God’s goal for his creation. God’s goal is to dwell as king over a renewed creation and to fill the earth with his glory. This has personal, political and cosmological implications for God’s people now. Without a good handle on biblical eschatology, we struggle to understand the “now-not yet” nature of reality in which God’s kingdom has come but its enemies continue to exist as we await its consummation.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 15 - Friday 19 January 2018
8.30am - 4.30pm
8cps of OT/NT core foundational units + 4cps of CH/TH
TH403i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
TH603i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 15 December 2017
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.