Wednesday Evening Talks till 23 May
Going The Distance: Growing Faith That Lasts A Lifetime
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
Reformation and Revival (CH789i)
Jesus and the Gospels (NT301i/501i)
2018 April Intensive Unit 1
Being a Christian involves ‘following’ the Lord Jesus, not around Galilee and Judea, but in the course of our daily lives. The four Gospels provide four different records of what Jesus said and did. They are the foundation for knowing and understanding what he has done for us, as well as what he said about God and his will. If we really want to ‘follow’ Jesus, if we really want to be salt and light in our world, then the Gospels need to be our regular reading matter.
In this unit we study the different contributions that each Gospel makes to this portrait of Jesus, his life and words, his death and resurrection. Be prepared to listen to Jesus’ words and ponder his meaning, both for disciples in the first century and in the twenty first century. Be ready to encounter Jesus in a fresh way, as we examine the four Gospels of the New Testament.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 16 - Friday 20 April 2018
8.30am - 4.30pm
Rev Dr David Burge
NT301i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
NT302i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 16 March 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.