Ideal for all Christians who want their hearts and minds challenged
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE 211i)
The Apostle Peter: His Life and Letters for Ministry Today (NT789i)
2018 July Postgraduate Unit
Christians seem to love Peter. He makes mistakes like the rest of us! Yet no one doubts the sincerity of his love for Jesus. He actually says what others are thinking, and does what others refrain from doing. This makes him an excellent foil for Jesus in the Gospels; we learn much about Jesus because Peter is the way he is.
In this unit we’ll follow the dramatic highs and lows of Peter’s life. We’ll draw encouragement from the way he is discipled by Jesus, and then mightily used in service of the growing church. Peter’s letters teach us about Christian perseverance, which prepares us to live well in a world that is increasingly hostile (1 Peter) or mocking of faith (2 Peter). Christians who are sidelined, silenced or mocked, are helpfully inspired and directed by Peter’s response.
Note: Greek is by no means necessary for this course, but students who would like to revive or freshen their Greek will be welcome to do so in their assignments.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 9 - Friday 13 July 2018
8.30am - 2.30pm
Rev Dr David Burge
Friday 8 June 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.