An inspiring evening of celebration
A great opportunity to check out SMBC and The Bridge
Wednesday Evening Talks till 20 May
Anchored: Bible Talks from the Book of Hebrews
What does it mean to live a life worthy of the gospel? How can we discern what is ‘right’ and ‘good’ – and how should we seek to apply that understanding in our post-Christian world?
The aim of this unit is to apply the Bible to develop a coherent theological framework for how we should think and act, live and love, do and desire as disciples of Christ – by the power of his Spirit and in accord with the will of God. Our approach will be biblical, systematic and practical.
We’ll evaluate major ethical theories. We’ll look at applying the Bible specifically to a number of today’s complex ethical issues, e.g. euthanasia, homosexuality, divorce and remarriage, slavery, and abortion. And we’ll wrestle with how to engage in productive ethical conversations with both Christians and non-Christians.
AQF level: 5/7
Apply by: Monday 9 December 2019
Start Date: Monday 16 December 2019
Lecture Week: Monday 13 - Friday 17 January 2020, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Location: SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
End Date: Saturday 4 April 2020
Lecturers: Rev Rob Smith
Credit Points and Costs:
APE001 = 36hrs - Audit (no assessments) - $792
PE001-512i = 12cp (1 unit) - DipTh, AssocDeg, BTh - $2400
PE001-712i = 12cp (1 unit) - GDDiv, MDiv, MTS - $2400
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for more information here. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY