An inspiring evening of celebration
A great opportunity to check out SMBC and The Bridge
Wednesday Evening Talks till 20 May
Anchored: Bible Talks from the Book of Hebrews
Christianity in History to 1550
Who we are is very much a product of our personal history and experiences. The same can be said of families, people groups, even whole countries. As Christians, we have a shared collective history of thought and experiences that make up who the church is today. Christian History not only helps us to understand ourselves, but it also reminds us how God has sovereignly worked throughout the centuries.
In this unit, we’ll examine how the first generations of Christians lived and thrived as a persecuted minority in the wealthy, secular society of the Roman Empire. We’ll follow in the footsteps of the first Celtic missionaries who shared the gospel to the far ends of their known world. We’ll look at how the position and office of the Pope emerged, and investigate how, with the command to love our neighbours, the Crusades could possibly have occurred. Finally, we’ll observe how God brought together events and people to bring about the Protestant Reformation in the 16th Century.
AQF level: 5/7
Apply by: Monday 16 March 2020
Start Date: Monday 23 March 2020
Lecture Week: Monday 20 - Friday 24 April 2020, 8.30am–4.30pm
Location: Croydon Campus, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
End Date: Saturday 25 July 2020
Lecturer: Rachel Ciano
Credit Points and Costs:
ACH001 = 36hrs - Audit (no assessments) - $792
CH001-512i = 12cp (1 unit) - DipTh, AssocDeg, BMin, BTh - $2400
CH001-712i = 12cp (1 unit) - GDDiv, MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for more information here. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY