Free sample lectures for a taste of what it's like to study at SMBC
A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
Self-Care and Resilience in Ministry (PC718i)
For all those interested in joining the tour
Exilic Prophecy (OT423i/623i)
Colossians and Philemon (NT741i)
2019 August Postgraduate Unit
Paul’s letter to the Colossians has long been one of the most loved letters in the New Testament for Christians. It has the wonderful combination of teaching about the greatness of the Lord Jesus as well as application for Christian living, and all within four succinct chapters! The perennial temptation to minimise the person of Christ and find strength for Christian living elsewhere means that this letter continues to teach and challenge us today.
In this unit we’ll look at the ancient context of Colossae and the challenges that faced the Christians there. We will cover the details of the texts of both Colossians and Philemon as well as unpack the broad themes of what the letters say about the supremacy of Christ, the nature of the church, the power of the Gospel, the Christ-centred Christian life, and the threats to finding all we need in Christ.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
Friday 12 July 2019
Friday 19 July 2019
Lecture Week Dates and Times:
Monday 12 - Friday 16 August 2019
8.30am - 2.30pm
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Friday 15 November 2019
Dr Alan Thompson
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.