A Heart for the Lost: Moved by God's Mission
Ideal for all Christians who want their hearts and minds challenged to think biblically on life issues
A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
A 16 day study tour of Jordan and Israel, including an MA unit
Early New Testament Church (NT302i/502i)
Colossians and Philemon (NT741i)
2019 August Postgraduate Unit
Paul’s letter to the Colossians has long been one of the most loved letters in the New Testament for Christians. It has the wonderful combination of teaching about the greatness of the Lord Jesus as well as application for Christian living, and all within four succinct chapters! The perennial temptation to minimise the person of Christ and find strength for Christian living elsewhere means that this letter continues to teach and challenge us today.
In this unit we’ll look at the ancient context of Colossae and the challenges that faced the Christians there. We will cover the details of the texts of both Colossians and Philemon as well as unpack the broad themes of what the letters say about the supremacy of Christ, the nature of the church, the power of the Gospel, the Christ-centred Christian life, and the threats to finding all we need in Christ.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 12 - Friday 16 August 2019
8.30am - 2.30pm
Dr Alan Thompson
Friday 12 July 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.