A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
A day of training in story telling with Quiz Worx
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
Monday evening lectures at Narrabeen
Disability, Theology and Religion (DM703i/IN789i)
2018 August Postgraduate Unit
The human experience of disability keeps turning up on the pages of the Bible and raises questions about the core concerns of theology. What are God’s purposes? What does it mean to be human? How do faith and cognition connect? Who belongs at my church? What answers are on offer in Christianity and other systems of belief?
The place of people with disabilities in our community is radically changing. It is time for the church to think deeply and creatively about the issue and to form communities that practise radical hospitality. This new unit of postgraduate study will allow you to reflect on your theological thinking from a new perspective and will open up new ministry possibilities.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 27 - Friday 31 August 2018
8.30am - 2.30pm
Rev Dr Kirk Patston
Friday 27 July 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.