A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
Christian Mentoring (PC720i)
The Psalter (English) (OT424i/624i)
The Apostle Peter: His Life and Letters for Ministry Today (NT789i)
Doctrine of God and the Work of Christ (TH402i/602i)
2019 January Intensive Unit 2
Theology affects all of life. It is intensely practical. It answers the meaning of life questions such as, “Who am I? What is my purpose? How can I live well?” by stepping back to see the centrality of God himself to our lives and the universe. As Augustine said, “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.”
This unit is an introduction to the study of God and to some of the most important biblical topics, such as: the trustworthiness of Scripture; God’s nature and attributes; the Trinity; humanity; sin, evil and suffering; Jesus the man who is God, and all that he accomplished for us; the significance of Jesus’ resurrection and ascension; the Bible’s many ways of assuring us of our salvation. This unit is intended to not only sharpen and clarify your thinking about God, but also to love and admire him more deeply for who he is.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 14 - Saturday 19 January 2019
8.30am - 4.00pm
8cp of foundational NT/OT and 4cp of CH/TH
TH402i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
TH602i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 14 December 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.