A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge gap year program
An inspiring evening of celebration
Wednesday Evening Talks till 20 May
PC070-812i/912i + PC205-912i(Capstone)
All churches and Christian organisations are at the same moment human entities which need to be well organised and wisely led, and spiritual entities which need to be guided and empowered by the Holy Spirit as they serve the Lord Jesus. This means they need both the best of leadership and management practice, and also the unique insights into leadership which come from Scripture and the mission of God’s kingdom.
This unit seeks to equip pastors and leaders with insights and tools to enable others to serve God effectively. The unit is particularly appropriate for those leading teams and working closely with others in ministry contexts. While we will explore contemporary leadership theory and the theology of leadership, we’ll also cover a wide range of leadership skills and practices which enhance working relationships.
AQF level: 8/9
Corequisites: not less than 2 x biblical foundational units + demonstrable experience in ministry and/or leadership
Apply by: Tuesday 28 January 2020
Start Date: Monday 3 February 2020
Lecture Week: Monday 2 - Friday 6 March 2020, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Location: SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
End Date: Saturday 6 June 2020
Lecturer: Tim Dyer
Credit Points and Costs:
APC070 = 36hrs - Audit (no assessments) - $792
PC070-812i = 12cp (1 unit) - GDDiv, MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
PC070-912i = 12cp (1 unit) - MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
PC205-912i = 12cp (1 unit) capstone - MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for more information here. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SMBC POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM