A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
Disability, Theology and Religion (DM703i)
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
A Heart for the Lost: Moved by God's Mission
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE211i/301i)
2019 January Intensive Unit 1
What does it mean to live a life worthy of the gospel? How can we discern what is ‘right’ and ‘good’ – and how should we seek to apply that understanding in our post-Christian world?
The aim of this unit is to apply the Bible to develop a coherent theological framework for how we should think and act, live and love, do and desire as disciples of Christ – by the power of his Spirit and in accord with the will of God. Our approach will be biblical, systematic and practical.
We’ll evaluate major ethical theories. We’ll look at applying the Bible specifically to a number of today’s complex ethical issues, e.g. euthanasia, homosexuality, divorce and remarriage, slavery, and abortion. And we’ll wrestle with how to engage in productive ethical conversations with both Christians and non-Christians.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 14 - Friday 18 January 2019
8.30am - 4.30pm
Rev Rob Smith
PE211i = 4cp - DipCS, DipTh(P1), CombDipTh/DipMin(P1)
PE301i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
Friday 14 December 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.