A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE211i/301i)
Exilic Prophecy (OT423i/623i)
2019 July Intensive Unit
Our study of exilic prophecy will focus on the often-neglected book of Ezekiel. While this book offers a number of challenges for modern readers with its bizarre sign acts, oracles of judgment, and fantastic visions – these features communicate a unique and important message that should contribute to our picture of God and his relationship with his world. In particular, the book of Ezekiel portrays the holiness of God and the betrayal of his people in confronting and shocking language.
This unit will highlight relevant features of ancient Near East culture, particularly those associated with Babylon during the exilic period. A consistent focus of each lecture will be the rhetorical function of the book, where we will discuss how the text is designed to impact readers, both ancient and contemporary.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 8 - Friday 12 July 2019
8.30am - 4.30pm
Dr Peter Lau
OT423i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
OT623i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 7 June 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Note: We encourage you to contact us – via email or 02 9747 4780 – to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.