Wednesday Evening Talks till 15 May
Hope: Certain hope for kids living in an uncertain world
Understanding and Preaching Deuteronomy (OT746i)
Between Rescue and Home: Preaching Discipleship from the Book of Deuteronomy
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
Exilic Prophecy (OT423i/623i)
2019 July Intensive Unit
Our study of exilic prophecy will focus on the often-neglected book of Ezekiel. While this book offers a number of challenges for modern readers with its bizarre sign acts, oracles of judgment, and fantastic visions – these features communicate a unique and important message that should contribute to our picture of God and his relationship with his world. In particular, the book of Ezekiel portrays the holiness of God and the betrayal of his people in confronting and shocking language.
This unit will highlight relevant features of ancient Near East culture, particularly those associated with Babylon during the exilic period. A consistent focus of each lecture will be the rhetorical function of the book, where we will discuss how the text is designed to impact readers, both ancient and contemporary.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
Friday 7 June 2019
Monday 10 June 2019
Lecture Week Dates and Times:
Monday 8 - Friday 12 July 2019
8.30am - 4.30pm
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Friday 11 October 2019
Dr Peter Lau
Credit Points & Costs:
AOT423i = Audit (no assessments) - $756
OT423i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh - $2280
OT623i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS - $2280
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Note: We encourage you to contact us – via email or 02 9747 4780 – to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.