Wednesday Evening Talks till 15 May
The Doctrine of Justification and Pastoral Ministry (TH705i)
Under the Sun: Hearing God’s Word from the Book of Ecclesiastes
An evening of celebration and information for SMBC prayer and financial supporters
Old Testament Foundations (OT301i/501i)
Foundational Christian Beliefs (TH305i/505i)
2019 October Intensive Unit 2
"Everyone is a theologian...they just don't know it!" If that's so, then the real question is whether you're doing good or bad theology. Theology absolutely matters. That's because what lies at the heart of life, love and the universe is the reality of the Triune God and his plan to create, redeem and perfect the world he has made for his glory.
We need to know who God truly is in order to worship, obey and enjoy Him rightly. This means theology is essential to the totality of the church’s faith and practice, and to the believer’s life in Christ.
In this unit we cover the key Christian beliefs about God, Scripture, creation, humankind, sin, salvation, church and God's ultimate rule – to demonstrate their relevance to church life and practice. The unit also aims to show how these beliefs are intrinsically connected to each other to form a cohesive and coherent Christian faith.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 30 September - Saturday 5 October 2019
8.30am - 4.00pm
TH305i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
TH505i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 30 August 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Note: We encourage you to contact us – via email or 02 9747 4780 – to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.