A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
Self-Care and Resilience in Ministry (PC718i)
For all those interested in joining the tour
Exilic Prophecy (OT423i/623i)
Foundational Christian Beliefs (TH305i/505i)
2019 October Intensive Unit 2
"Everyone is a theologian...they just don't know it!" If that's so, then the real question is whether you're doing good or bad theology. Theology absolutely matters. That's because what lies at the heart of life, love and the universe is the reality of the Triune God and his plan to create, redeem and perfect the world he has made for his glory.
We need to know who God truly is in order to worship, obey and enjoy Him rightly. This means theology is essential to the totality of the church’s faith and practice, and to the believer’s life in Christ.
In this unit we cover the key Christian beliefs about God, Scripture, creation, humankind, sin, salvation, church and God's ultimate rule – to demonstrate their relevance to church life and practice. The unit also aims to show how these beliefs are intrinsically connected to each other to form a cohesive and coherent Christian faith.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
Friday 30 August 2019
Tuesday 10 September 2019
Lecture Week Dates and Times:
Monday 30 September - Saturday 5 October 2019
8.30am - 4.30pm
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Friday 20 December 2019
Credit Points & Costs:
ATH305i = Audit (no assessments) - $756
TH305i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh - $2280
TH505i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS - $2280
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Note: We encourage you to contact us – via email or 02 9747 4780 – to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.