A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE211i/301i)
God’s Mission and the Local Church (SMM42i/62i)
2019 April Intensive Unit 2
Our God is a God of mission. The gospel is for people of every nation, tribe and tongue, in Australia and to the ends of the earth. We all affirm it but how should it impact our lives and our churches here? Should we just focus on our own neighbourhood and let others work out the rest? What does it look like to faithfully serve God’s global mission at home? What is our role locally and further afield?
In this unit we will together gain the understanding, perspectives, and skills required to help local churches become more aligned with God’s missional purposes. We will engage with God’s word, with what God is doing in the world and with the changing demographic realities of Australia and the globe. We will see the important role a church can play in raising up and sending out cross-cultural workers and in partnering with what God is doing across the street and across the oceans.
(Note: This unit includes a field trip to a multi-ethnic church service on Sunday 14 April 2019)
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Saturday 13 - Thursday 18 April 2019
8.30am - 4.00pm
SMM42i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
SMM62i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 15 March 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Note: We encourage you to contact us – via email or 02 9747 4780 – to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.