Learn about your study options at Narrabeen
Wednesday Evening Talks till 20 May
Monday evening lectures at Narrabeen
Anchored: Bible Talks from the Book of Hebrews
Interpreting and Applying Thessalonians
NT038-712i/812i/912i + NT205-912i(Capstone)
1 & 2 Thessalonians are the somewhat forgotten books of the New Testament. While many are familiar with Paul's letters written to the Romans, Galatians and the church at Corinth, the letters of 1 & 2 Thessalonians are often less familiar. When one examines these shorter letters, however, they quickly discover they are filled with deep truth that is both encouraging and practical.
In this unit we'll closely examine the letters of Paul to the young church at Thessalonica. We'll explore the relationship between hope and holiness. And we'll look at the challenges facing the early church and examine how their call to live lives of holiness mirrors the challenges of the modern believer in Christ.
AQF level: 7/8/9
Corequisites: 2 x NT foundational units
Apply by: Monday 3 August 2020
Start Date: Monday 10 August 2020
Lecture Week: Monday 7 - Friday 11 September 2020, 8.30am–4.30pm
Location: Croydon Campus, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
End Date: Saturday 4 December 2020
Lecturer: Rev Dr Malcolm Gill
Credit Points and Costs:
ANT039 = 36hrs - Audit (no assessments) - $792
NT039-712i = 12cp (1 unit) - BMin, BTh - $2400
NT039-812i = 12cp (1 unit) - GDDiv, MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
NT039-912i = 12cp (1 unit) - MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
NT205-912i = 12cp (1 unit) capstone - MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for more information here. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SMBC POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM