Free sample lectures for a taste of what it's like to study at SMBC
A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
Christian Mentoring (PC720i)
The Psalter (English) (OT424i/624i)
The Apostle Peter: His Life and Letters for Ministry Today (NT789i)
Introduction to Preaching (PC447i/647i)
2018 April Intensive Unit 2
There are not many more important responsibilities in the life of the church than the task of preaching God's word. Whether it is speaking to children, youth, at evangelistic outreaches, or to a Sunday congregation, communicating God's timeless truth in the Bible with accuracy, pastoral warmth, and relevance is a challenging task that requires diligence, prayer, and hard work. But where do you start? What is the process of moving from the ancient text to the modern world?
In this very hands-on unit, we’ll overview the theological and pastoral issues involved in preaching as well as introduce the basic techniques required for communicating the Scriptures. You’ll be given an opportunity to develop your communication skills as well as listen to and engage with others doing the same.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Wednesday 18 - Saturday 21, Monday 23 - Tuesday 24 April 2018
8.30am - 4.00pm
PC447i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
PC647i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 16 March 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.