A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
Christian Mentoring (PC720i)
The Psalter (English) (OT424i/624i)
The Apostle Peter: His Life and Letters for Ministry Today (NT789i)
Old Testament Foundations (OT301i/501i)
2019 April Intensive Unit 1
As Christians, we want to affirm that the Old Testament is indeed the word of God and that it holds value for the contemporary church. Yet at times we struggle to know what to do with it. While some parts are familiar, there is much here that seems odd or strange. In fact, it can sometimes feel like we are travelers lost in a foreign country – and without a guidebook.
The purpose of this foundational unit is to guide you through the lesser-known terrain of the Old Testament. We’ll explore the books of Genesis through to Kings, looking at the cultural world in which these texts arose as well as seeking to gain an understanding of their major themes, literary styles, and contribution to Christian theology and practice. Our hope is that the importance of these foundational texts, and their relevance to the contemporary church, will become abundantly clear.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Saturday 13, Monday 15 - Thursday 18 April 2019
8.30am - 4.30pm
OT301i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
OT501i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 15 March 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.