Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE211i/301i)
The Doctrine of God and the Work of Christ (TH402i/602i)
Christian Mentoring (PC720i)
All your part-time study needs under one roof in one evening!
Old Testament Prophets and Writings (OT302i/502i)
2019 October Intensive Unit 1
'Get Wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.’ (Proverbs 4:7). Would you like to grow in your understanding of the Old Testament’s wisdom and prophecy books? Would you like to deepen your knowledge of God, as well as be equipped with tools for doing your own study and teaching of some of the least read books of the Bible?
This foundational unit will explore the Old Testament prophets (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, the Twelve) and wisdom books (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Job), in addition to 1 and 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Daniel. Particular attention will be given to learning to identify God's original message for Israel, with the goal of finding the enduring message for us as Christians. Essential to this will be a focus on literary styles, cultural background and how the New Testament extends and brings to a climax the message of the Old Testament in Jesus.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 30 September - Saturday 5 October 2019
8.30am - 4.00pm
OT302i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
OT502i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 30 August 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Note: We encourage you to contact us – via email or 02 9747 4780 – to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.