Wednesday Evening Talks till 15 May
An evening of celebration and information for SMBC prayer and financial supporters
Old Testament Foundations (OT301i/501i)
God’s Mission and the Local Church (SMM42i/62i)
Hope: Certain hope for kids living in an uncertain world
Self-Care and Resilience in Ministry (PC718i)
2019 June Postgraduate Unit
Christian ministry is hard work and stressful at the best of times, even when it is a joy and blessing. Following in the way of Jesus necessarily involves suffering and sacrifice. Caring for God’s people is demanding and costly. Unresolved conflict can demotivate us. Criticisms can hurt. The challenge is to keep holy, healthy and maturing in the midst of the ups and downs of Christian ministry. A vibrant spiritual relationship with the living God is vital. We are to attend to our physical, emotional and mental health. Loving relationships with family and friends are crucial aspects of our being and well-being.
Yet these are the very things that we can let slip as we meet the demands of ministry, only for our enthusiasm for ministry to diminish, our energies for service to recede, and our emotional tanks to run on empty. The aim of this unit is to train and equip its participants to persevere in faithful Christian ministry, while continuing to grow in love for Christ, to mature in character, to pursue physical and mental health, and to enjoy close, loving relationships.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
Friday 24 May 2019
Friday 31 May 2019
Lecture Week Dates and Times:
Monday 24 - Friday 28 June 2019
8.30am - 2.30pm
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Friday 27 September 2019
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.