An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE211i/301i)
The Doctrine of God and the Work of Christ (TH402i/602i)
Christian Mentoring (PC720i)
All your part-time study needs under one roof in one evening!
Self-Care and Resilience in Ministry (PC718i)
2019 June Postgraduate Unit
Christian ministry is hard work and stressful at the best of times, even when it is a joy and blessing. Following in the way of Jesus necessarily involves suffering and sacrifice. Caring for God’s people is demanding and costly. Unresolved conflict can demotivate us. Criticisms can hurt. The challenge is to keep holy, healthy and maturing in the midst of the ups and downs of Christian ministry. A vibrant spiritual relationship with the living God is vital. We are to attend to our physical, emotional and mental health. Loving relationships with family and friends are crucial aspects of our being and well-being.
Yet these are the very things that we can let slip as we meet the demands of ministry, only for our enthusiasm for ministry to diminish, our energies for service to recede, and our emotional tanks to run on empty. The aim of this unit is to train and equip its participants to persevere in faithful Christian ministry, while continuing to grow in love for Christ, to mature in character, to pursue physical and mental health, and to enjoy close, loving relationships.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 24 - Friday 28 June 2019
8.30am - 2.30pm
Friday 24 May 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.