An inspiring evening of celebration
A great opportunity to check out SMBC and The Bridge
Wednesday Evening Talks till 20 May
Anchored: Bible Talks from the Book of Hebrews
Synoptic Gospels (English)
Luke was a doctor, a theologian, a careful historian and a follower of Jesus – the evangelist who recorded Jesus’ momentous words to Zacchaeus, “Today salvation has come to this house.” This unit studies the Gospel of Luke in its context as one of the three Synoptic Gospels, considering the question of what kind of writing the Gospels actually are.
We begin by considering how the Synoptic Gospels fit together. We will look at Luke as a whole, but will also in a more detailed way work through understanding selected chapters of Luke. And as we do that, we will be considering the big theological emphases of Luke’s Gospel and how they apply to and inform Christian belief, life and ministry: topics like Jesus’ role as Saviour, humanity and wealth, the Holy Spirit’s work, prayer, Israel's Law and the temple, the future, and people on the margins of society.
AQF level: 6/7/8
Corequisite: Jesus and the Gospels
Apply by: Monday 8 June 2020
Start Date: Monday 15 June 2020
Lecture Week: Monday 13 - Friday 17 July 2020, 8.30am–4.30pm
Location: Croydon Campus, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
End Date: Saturday 17 October 2020
Lecturer: Rev Dr Alan Mugridge
Credit Points and Costs:
ANT008 = 36hrs - Audit (no assessments) - $792
NT008-612i = 12cp (1 unit) - DipTh, AssocDeg, BMin, BTh - $2400
NT008-712i = 12cp (1 unit) - BMin, BTh - $2400
NT008-812i = 12cp (1 unit) - GDDiv, MACS, MDiv, MTS - $2400
- Required readings will be advised on enrolment. You should begin these by the start date and have them completed before lecture week.
- Initial assignment is due on the first day of lecture week.
- Lecture week at SMBC includes face-to-face lectures and discussions. Morning tea and lunch are provided each day.
- Essay/assignments are completed at home after the lecture week (delivered via online).
- Online access to lecturers available from start date until end date.
- E-library/library resources available from start date until end date.
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available during the lecture week, with preference given to those travelling from regional locations.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for more information here. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your choice of unit is suitable for your level of study or course that you might be working towards.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY