A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
A day of training in story telling with Quiz Worx
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
Monday evening lectures at Narrabeen
The Doctrine of Justification and Pastoral Ministry (TH705i)
2019 March Postgraduate Unit
What does it mean to be justified by God? What is the ground of justification? What are the fruits of justification? Where do ‘works’ fit into the picture? Is justification by faith really the article by which the church stands or falls? What difference does it make to personal assurance? What is its relationship to holiness? How does it impact prayer, preaching, evangelism and pastoral counselling?
Come and explore the riches of the doctrine of justification as it is revealed in Scripture (particularly in the letters of Paul), has been understood in the history of Christian thought (particularly at the time of the Reformation), features in contemporary discussion (particularly since ‘The Sanders’ Revolution’), and applies to the Christian life and pastoral ministry.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 4 - Friday 8 March 2019
8.30am - 2.30pm
Rev Rob Smith
Friday 1 February 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.