Free sample lectures for a taste of what it's like to study at SMBC
A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
Christian Mentoring (PC720i)
The Psalter (English) (OT424i/624i)
The Apostle Peter: His Life and Letters for Ministry Today (NT789i)
The Psalter (English) (OT426i/626i)
2018 July Intensive Unit
We live in beautiful but broken world, a world full of blessing and loss. In every circumstance, we are called to trust in a God who is sovereign and good, a God who has promised to save and protect his people. How do we respond when our prayers to God go unanswered? How do we live faithfully before God in times of blessing and in times of loss?
The psalms reflect the confidence of faith and the struggle with doubt. In them we find the right words for any and every circumstance. In them we learn how to faithfully live before God.
In this unit we will explore how God speaks to us through individual psalms and the collection of the Psalter. We will think theologically and pastorally about how the psalms should be applied in our own lives and in various expressions of corporate worship.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 9 - Friday 13 July 2018
8.30am - 4.30pm
OT424i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
OT624i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Old Testament Prophets and Writings (OT302/502)
Friday 8 June 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.