A special Wednesday morning program for people 50yrs+
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE211i/301i)
Understanding and Preaching Deuteronomy (OT746i)
2019 May Postgraduate Unit
Deuteronomy has been called the most important book of the Old Testament, and is often compared to Romans in the New Testament. To heed its call is to “Choose life!” (30:19). We’re familiar with its call to love God with all our heart, yet the remainder of the book is seldom read. In fact, Deuteronomy consists largely of the first major example of preaching in the Bible, yet the book is seldom tapped as a resource for preaching today.
In this unit we’ll be looking at the book of Deuteronomy in conjunction with the SMBC Biennial Preaching Conference (6-9 May). There’ll be seminars and sermons by Jonny Gibson, David Jones, Matt Fuller, Kirk Patston and Janson Condren. The unit will cover crucial aspects of interpreting Deuteronomy, critiquing sermons on it, looking at some themes and passages in detail, and dealing with issues that affect how we apply the book today.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 6 - Friday 10 May 2019
Note conference program here
Dr Janson Condren and others
Friday 5 April 2019
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.