A great online opportunity to find out all about The Bridge gap year program
See you in March 2022!
Save the date
Dr Derek Brotherson
Prior to SMBC:
Derek studied Arts/Law at the Australian National University and worked as a lawyer for the Australian Government Solicitor in Canberra for a number of years. He and his wife, Anna, then moved to Sydney to study at SMBC. After that, they moved to Southeast Asia with OMF, where they served in a variety of settings, including a Bible college, a missionary training school and a women’s refuge.
- OMF mission consultation 2019
- OMF 150th anniversary celebrations
- AFES conferences
- Various churches and conferences in Southeast Asia
- Mission events and seminars in Southeast Asia and Australia
- Contextualisation and syncretism
- Hermeneutics and application
- The application of biblical theology to missiological issues
Derek is married to Anna and they have three children. As a family they love bushwalks, camping, meeting people from different cultural backgrounds, and eating meals with friends. Derek also enjoys playing the cello.
High res photo download (7.3MB)