Postponed. See you in March 2022!
Online Wednesday Evening Talks
Watch this space!
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge for 2022
Friends with God: Unpacking Exodus with Kids
NOTE: Your full-time study application has a dual emphasis:
1. It’s primarily an application to join the SMBC full-time Certificate program; and,
2. It ensures you’ll be able to meet the entry requirements for your nominated Australian College of Theology (ACT) course. (SMBC is an affiliated college of the Australian College of Theology (ACT)
* Overseas applicants (needing a student visa), please contact our registrars before applying as there is a separate application form.
Here’s an overview of the full-time application process:
Before you apply
It's important that you:
- Have a dynamic relationship with God through the work of Jesus Christ;
- Demonstrate involvement in the fellowship of a local church on a regular basis;
- Show a strong desire to study the word of God with a view to more effective service (though not necessarily full-time service), and a willingness to accept the discipline this study involves;
- Have planned carefully for your payment of fees, including for items for which you cannot use Fee-Help (including accommodation, Certificate in Bible and Mission Fees, etc) for the duration of your study. See Costs;
- Are aware of the academic prerequisites required for ACT courses;
- Have Australian citizenship or residency, or New Zealand citizenship;
- If English is your second language and you have not lived in an English speaking country for 10+ years, or have a tertiary qualification that was taught in Australia, NZ, USA, Great Britain, then an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required with your application.
You’ll need to have these items available when you apply:
- Scanned copies of your highest tertiary qualifications, where applicable (eg Diploma, Bachelor or Masters), evidence of ATAR score (where applicable)
- A scanned copy of your driver licence or current passport or photo ID card
- The names and contact details of three mature Christian referees, including your pastor. Please be sure to tell them that you have elected them as referees.
After you submit your application
We will contact your referees, and once all references are received, we'll arrange an interview with you and SMBC lecturer representatives. The interview is intended as a 'getting to know you' opportunity and aims to help you understand the options and courses available. SMBC aims to advise you of your application results within three weeks of the interview.
A note on closing dates for applications
While there is no formal closing date for applications, we recommend that you submit your application for full-time study by November of the preceding year. If you are requesting residential accommodation, we strongly recommend you to submit your application as early as possible in the preceding year.
We warmly welcome any questions you have… big or small. Our lecturers and registrars are here to help and advise you. Please contact our registrars for more information.