This online presentation will give you an overview of studying at SMBC + provide opportunity for a follow up 1-to-1 chat.
Learn all about our Bible-centred, missions-focussed gap year for 18-21s.
Check out the units of study - all available in 'off-campus' mode.
Save the date!
Thank you for considering full-time study at SMBC. We're here to help you through the application process, so please don't hesitate to contact our registrars for more information here
International applicants (non study visa), please contact the Academic Registrar via email for the relevant application form.
SMBC is an affiliated college with the Australian College of Theology (ACT).
Firstly, it's important that you:
- Have a dynamic relationship with God through the work of Jesus Christ;
- Demonstrate involvement in the fellowship of a local church on a regular basis;
- Show a strong desire to study the word of God with a view to more effective service (though not necessarily full-time service), and a willingness to accept the discipline this study involves;
- Have planned carefully for your payment of fees (including accommodation where relevant) for the duration of your study;
- Where relevant provide a copy of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test with your application (only applicable to those whose first language is not English). Note: applicants are not required to sit on IELTS exam if they have a tertiary qualification that was taught in Australia, NZ, USA, Great Britain;
- Are aware of the academic prerequisites required for ACT courses;
- Have Australian citizenship or residency or New Zealand citizenship.
Secondly, complete the application form:
Carefully complete the SMBC application form, which has a dual emphasis:
- It is primarily an application to join the SMBC full-time Certificate program (Please contact us if you require further information about the SMBC full-time Certificate program).
- It is also a process of ensuring you meet the entry requirements for an Australian College of Theology (ACT) course.
To progress your application, the College requires completion of the Full-Time (Domestic and New Zealand) Application Form and the following documents:
- Certified copy of highest tertiary qualifications (eg Diploma, Bachelor or Masters), evidence of ATAR score (where applicable)
- A photocopy of your driver licence or current passport or photo ID card
- One digital photo
- When submitting the completed application documents, you will need to provide a $60.00AUD non-refundable application fee. (A Credit Card Payment Form is available below)
Return your completed forms (with non-refundable application fee of $60) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, once we have received your application form, we will contact your nominated referees.
When written responses have been returned to the Academic Registrar, an interview is arranged between you and College lecturer representatives. The interview is intended as a 'getting to know you' opportunity and aims to help you understand the options and courses available. The face-to-face interview may be waived in some situations for non-metropolitan applicants. SMBC aims to advise you of your application results within three weeks of the interview.
A note on closing dates for applications
While there is no formal closing date for applications, we recommend that you submit your application for full-time study by November of the preceding year. If you are requesting residential accommodation, we strongly recommend you to submit your application as early as possible in the preceding year.
We warmly welcome any questions you have… big or small. The lecturers and academic registrars are here to help and advise you with course selection. Please contact our registrars for more information here
Full-Time study application forms
Credit Card Payment Form FOR FULL-TIME APPLICATIONS ONLY (188KB PDF)