An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE 211i)
Doctrines of Grace and Eschatology (TH403i/603i)
All your part-time study needs under one roof in one evening!
Learn about your study options at Narrabeen
Thanks for considering full-time study at SMBC. We're here to help you through the application process, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
The form for domestic Australian applicants can be found in the links below or contact the Academic Registrar by phone on +61 2 9747 4780 or email.
Application forms are also available at the College Open Evenings and Mornings and Dipping In Lectures throughout the year.
Firstly, it's important you:
- Have a dynamic relationship with God through the work of Jesus Christ;
- Demonstrate involvement in the fellowship of a local church on a regular basis;
- Show a strong desire to study the word of God with a view to more effective service (though not necessarily full-time service), and a willingness to accept the discipline this study involves;
- Have planned carefully for your payment of fees (including accommodation where relevant) for the duration of your study;
- Where relevant provide a copy of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test with your application (only applicable to those whose first language is not English). Note: applicants are not required to sit on IELTS exam if they have a tertiary qualification that was taught in English;
- Are aware of the academic and/or mature age prerequisites required for ACT courses;
- Have Australian citizenship or residency.
Secondly, complete the application form
It is important to carefully complete your application, which has a dual emphasis:
- It is an application to study an Australian College of Theology (ACT) course, ensuring you meet entry requirements.
- It is an application to join the SMBC full-time certificate program (Please contact us if you require further information about the SMBC full-time Certificate program).
To progress your application, the College requires completion of the Full-Time (Domestic and New Zealand) Application Form and the following documents:
- Medical Certificate (signed by a doctor)
- Certified copy of tertiary qualifications (if applicable)
- A photocopy of your driver licence or current passport or photo ID card
- One electronic photo
- When submitting the completed application documents, you will need to provide a $60.00 non-refundable application fee. (A Credit Card Payment Form is available below)
Return your completed forms (with non-refundable application fee of $60):
Via post to:
The Academic Registrar
Sydney Missionary & Bible College
PO Box 83
CROYDON NSW 2132
OR via email to:
Lastly, once we have received your application form, we will contact your nominated referees.
When written responses have been returned to the Academic Registrar, an interview is arranged between you and College lecturer representatives.The interview is intended as a 'getting to know you' opportunity and aims to help you understand the options and courses available. The face-to-face interview may be waived in some situations for non-metropolitan applicants. SMBC aims to advise you of your application results within three weeks of the interview.
A note on closing dates for applications
While there is no formal closing date for applications, we recommend that you submit your application for full-time study by November of the preceding year. If you are requesting residential accommodation, we strongly recommend you to submit your application as early as possible in the preceding year.
We warmly welcome any questions you have… big or small. The lecturers and academic registrars are here to help and advise you with course selection. Please contact the Administration Centre on +61 2 9747 4780 or email.
Full-Time study application forms
Medical Certificate (202KB PDF)
Credit Card Payment Form FOR FULL-TIME ONLY (188KB PDF)