Wednesday Evening Talks till 23 May
Going The Distance: Growing Faith That Lasts A Lifetime
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
Reformation and Revival (CH789i)
When planning a course of study, it is important to be aware that all costs are subject to an annual review. Fees for the following year are usually available from August each year and may rise by at least the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The Australian College of Theology (ACT) set course fees for the Diploma, Bachelor, and Master degree awards. SMBC sets Certificate and accommodation fees.
Please carefully consider your financial status when planning your study at SMBC, as refunds may not be made after the commencement of the College year, except in very exceptional circumstances. It is important to be very aware of the Administration Date and Census Date for each unit enrolled. This information is listed in the SMBC college calendar. For further information about the Administration Date and Census Date, please email the Registrars. Copies of the calendar are also available from the Administration Centre.
- Tuition fees for full-time students are payable in full at the beginning of each semester.
- Accommodation fees can be paid on a monthly basis via direct-debit.
- Other additional costs to consider when planning your study include text books, stationery and photocopying.
Full details can be downloaded here:
Centrelink may provide eligible Full-Time students with payments to assist you with living costs (including rent) during your time of study. For further details about who is eligible for financial assistance, please speak with Centrelink or visit their website
The following ACT courses that we offer may be eligible for Centrelink payments:
- Diploma of Theology
- Diploma of Ministry
- Associate Degree of Ministry
- Bachelor of Theology
- Bachelor of Theology/Bachelor of Ministry
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Christian Studies
- Graduate Diploma of Divinity
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Divinity/Graduate Diploma of Divinity
FEE-HELP is an Australian Commonwealth Government loan scheme that assists eligible students, full time or part time, to pay their tuition fees.
If you are enrolled at SMBC, you may be eligible for FEE-HELP if you:
- are enrolled in a unit for credit with the Australian College of Theology; and
- are an Australian citizen; or
- hold a permanent humanitarian visa and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit of study.
FEE-HELP cannot be used for any SMBC Certificate courses or subjects.
Of note: If you enrol in an undergraduate course, FEE-HELP has a 25 per cent loan fee which is added to the FEE-HELP debt.
For more information about FEE-HELP visit their website
Very limited funds are available to assist overseas students with their theological studies at SMBC. A pre-requisite for all requests for scholarship funds is that your application for full-time study at SMBC has been accepted.
In 2018, funds will potentially be available for New Zealand students. All other scholarship funds are already committed.