Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE 211i)
Doctrines of Grace and Eschatology (TH403i/603i)
All your part-time study needs under one roof in one evening!
Learn about your study options at Narrabeen
Lecturer - Missions; The Bridge Director
Prior to SMBC:
Tim studied a Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) at the University of Sydney (1994-1997) and worked as a physiotherapist in public hospitals from 1998-2003. In 2004 Tim began his studies at SMBC and completed his M.Div in 2006. In 2007 he joined the faculty in the SMBC Centre for Cross-cultural Mission. Since that time Tim has completed his M.Th in the field of intercultural leadership development and has led annual mission trips to various countries. In 2012 Tim and his family spent four months in India.
Publications and Research:
- Hibbert, Richard, Evelyn Hibbert & Tim Silberman. ‘Mobilizing New Missionaries’ in Evangelical Missions Quarterly (2016) Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 172-179.
- Hibbert, Richard, Evelyn Hibbert & Tim Silberman, ‘The journey towards long-term missionary service: How Australian missionaries are being called and choose mission agencies’ in Missiology: An International Review (2015) Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 469-482
- An Investigation into the Nature of Pauline Imitation with Implications for its use in Intercultural Leadership Development, M.Th Thesis
- Currently researching factors leading people into career missionary service.
- Portugal National Student Ministry Conference (2013)
- Chairman of ReachOut Mission Network (2009-2014)
- Hindustan Bible Institute, Chennai, Pastor's Conference (2012)
- Speaker at various churches in NSW and Interstate
- Speaker on various Church retreats
Intercultural leadership development, Theology of Mission, Missionary Mobilisation
Tim is married to Peggy and they have 2 daughters and a son. He attends Cornerstone Presbyterian Church in Concord and he enjoys cycling, reading and spending time with his family.
High res photo download (3.5MB)