Wednesday Evening Talks till 20 May
Run for your life: Bible Talks from the Book of Hebrews
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge gap year program
Every Nation, Tribe, People & Language: Your part in God's promised future
Lecturer - Missions
Prior to SMBC:
Tim worked as a physiotherapist in Western Sydney for 6 years (1998-2003). In 2004 Tim began his studies at SMBC and completed his M.Div in 2006. In 2007 he joined the faculty in the SMBC Centre for Cross-cultural Mission. Since that time Tim has completed his M.Th in the field of intercultural leadership development and led annual mission trips to various countries including 4 months with his family in India in 2012. Tim helped to design and launch The Bridge Program and served as its director from 2015-2017. Tim now works part-time at SMBC as he pursues his doctoral studies.
Publications and Research:
- Silberman, Tim. ‘Imitation in cross-cultural leadership development’ in Missiology: An International Review (2018) Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 240-250.
- Hibbert, Richard, Evelyn Hibbert & Tim Silberman. ‘Mobilizing New Missionaries’ in Evangelical Missions Quarterly (2016) Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 172-179.
- Hibbert, Richard, Evelyn Hibbert & Tim Silberman, ‘The journey towards long-term missionary service: How Australian missionaries are being called and choose mission agencies’ in Missiology: An International Review (2015) Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 469-482.
- An Investigation into the Nature of Pauline Imitation with Implications for its use in Intercultural Leadership Development, M.Th Thesis.
- Currently researching the factors influencing local church involvement in mission.
- Portugal National Student Ministry Conference (2013)
- Chairman of ReachOut Mission Network (2009-2014)
- Hindustan Bible Institute, Chennai, Pastor's Conference (2012)
- Speaker at various churches in NSW and Interstate
- Speaker on various Church retreats
Missional ecclesiology, Intercultural leadership development, Theology of mission, Missionary mobilisation.
Tim is married to Peggy and they have two daughters and a son. He attends Cornerstone Presbyterian Church in Concord and he enjoys running, cycling, reading and spending time with his family.
High res photo download (3.5MB)