Bible Teaching and Everyday Dilemmas
A great opportunity to check out SMBC in person
A great opportunity to check out The Bridge gap year program
Learn about your professional development opportunities at SMBC
A great online opportunity to check out The Bridge gap year program from wherever you are!
Teaching and Pastoral
Rev Anthony Brammall
Vice Principal; Lecturer in New Testament
Role at SMBC:
Anthony’s role as vice principal sees him supporting the principal, caring for staff and building relationships between the College and ministry organisations. He oversees the day-to-day running of the college as well as lecturing in New Testament.
Prior to SMBC:
Anthony completed an honours degree in English and Psychology. He also trained as a registered nurse (Concord Hospital) and midwife (Royal North Shore), working in general and psychiatric units. After theological studies at SMBC and Moore College he taught part-time at both colleges. Anthony and his family served with CMS (1996-2003), teaching biblical studies and Greek at the Theological College of Eastern Indonesia. He was ordained in 1997 by the Singapore Anglican Diocese. He has taught full-time at SMBC since 2004.
Pauline Epistles and Pastoral Epistles; Gospel of John; editing SMBC Press publications; history of SMBC.
Publications and Research:
- "Sydney Missionary and Bible College: A case study in Australian theological education," in Theological Education: Foundations, Practices and Future Directions (ed. Bain, Andrew and Ian Hussey; Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2018) 119-132
- Out of Darkness: 100 Years of Sydney Missionary and Bible College (SMBC Press, 2016) (Available for purchase from the SMBC online store)
- Review of Gordon D. Fee, 'The First and Second Letters to the Thessalonians' (NICNT), Themelios 35.2 (July 2010): 274-75
- "Refugees and asylum seekers," in 21st Century Living...1st Century Wisdom (SMBC Press, 2008) 121-136
- “Bendahara yang tidak jujur? Lukas 16:1-15”, Jurnal STT INTIM, November 2002
- Is Death the End? (SMBC Press, 1996)
- Preaching at All Saints Anglican, North Epping; St Barnabas, Yarramalong Valley
- Global Missions Advance, SMBC
- CTV/MTS Conference, Perth
- Rural Bible Forum, Tasmania
Anthony and his wife Jenny (also a graduate of SMBC) have four daughters. They enjoy bushwalking and cross-country skiing, and attend church at All Saints Anglican, North Epping. He enjoys writing poetry, watching his children’s sport, and reading anything.
High res photo download (600KB)