A day of puppetry training with Quiz Worx
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
Monday evening lectures at Narrabeen
Ministry in Culturally Diverse Contexts
Ministry in Culturally Diverse Contexts (EM789-6i/EM789-4i/IN789-6i)
2017 September Postgraduate Unit
Are you and your church prepared to fully welcome and share Christ with whoever walks through the door? Modern Australia’s diverse society means that in any ministry we are guaranteed to encounter other cultures. Whoever we are – fathers, mothers, sons or daughters, students from overseas, refugees or asylum seekers, Australian, Iranian, Sudanese, Chinese, or Korean – Revelation chapter 5 says that Christ lived, died, and rose again to ‘ransom people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation’.
This unit addresses questions of ethnicity and identity, cultural sensitivity and the challenges and opportunities associated with ministry in a diverse context. It will be of great benefit to those planning to serve in a variety of ministry roles, whether in Australia or overseas, with a particular emphasis on how multi-ethnicity shapes the exercise of the local church.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 4 - Friday 8 September 2017
8.30am - 2.30pm
Dr Richard Shumack
Friday 4 August 2017
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.