Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE 211i)
Doctrines of Grace and Eschatology (TH403i/603i)
All your part-time study needs under one roof in one evening!
Learn about your study options at Narrabeen
Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (BTh(Hons))
The BTh(Hons) program is designed for students who have graduated with a three year undergraduate degree in theology from the ACT and who have demonstrated high academic potential as a means of preparing you for advanced research in theology.
This is a 1 year full-time or maximum 3 year part-time course.
- A Bachelor of Theology with a GPA of at least 2.0 overall, and 2.8 in the designated field of study to be pursued in the Honours course
- Completion of at least 8 credit points of either New Testament Greek (LA004A & LA004B) or Biblical Hebrew (LA003A & LA003B)
- At least 8 credit points of biblical language exegesis in your initial theology degree
The BTh(Hons) requires the completion of 128 credit points:
- 16 credit points of coursework consisting of research methods (4 credit points each)
- 8 credit points of 400H units (4 credit points each) OR 8 credit points of 700 level in the student's designated field of research
- 4 credit points of coursework at 400H or 700 level
- 16 credit points of research thesis of 15,000 words
The BTh(Hons) must be completed within 3 years of the completion of the initial undergraduate degree. The final grading of honours will be calculated by taking into consideration both the grades of honours coursework units and the thesis.
For more detailed information on this course see the ACT course overview. (SMBC is an affiliated college with the Australian College of Theology (ACT))