Ideal for all Christians who want their hearts and minds challenged
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE 211i)
Early New Testament Church (NT302i/502i)
2018 October Intensive Unit
The church is far from perfect; whether we have in mind the early church or the church today. How did the church get started? What issues did those first Christians struggle with? How did God use his people to spread the light of the gospel from its beginnings in Judea and Jerusalem to the heart of the Roman Empire?
In this unit, we study the Acts of the Apostles, or (to put it differently) the Acts of the risen Lord Jesus. We trace how God was at work through his imperfect but faithful people. We will also look at some of the letters of the New Testament in the setting that Acts provides, and see how they give us a window into the issues faced by the early church – and how the apostles dealt with these issues on the basis of the truth of the gospel of Christ. It provides guidance as the Lord Jesus continues to work through his imperfect people today.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 8 - Friday 12 October 2018
8.30am - 4.30pm
NT302i = 4cp - DipMin(P2), AssocDeg, BTh
NT502i = 4cp - GDDiv, MDiv, MACS
Friday 7 September 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
You can complete an Australian College of Theology Diploma of Ministry (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Theology) or Graduate Diploma of Divinity (equivalent to the first year of the Master of Divinity) in four years by intensive mode study (eight ACT units).
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to be assessed and sit exams, you can enrol as an 'Audit' student - this suits people wanting to grow in their knowledge and love of God without the formality of assessments.
Learn more about INTENSIVE MODE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR PART-TIME STUDY for application details and costs.