Ideal for all Christians who want their hearts and minds challenged
A great opportunity to check out SMBC
A great opportunity to find out all about The Bridge
An inspiring evening of celebration
Ethics and Contemporary Issues (PE 211i)
Reformation and Revival (CH789i)
2018 May Postgraduate Unit
Today, in an era where there is little reflection on those who have gone before us, we do well to learn from the successes and failures of the past. Knowledge of Christian history provides many great lessons not to be forgotten, yields important insights for Christian faith and practice, and gives us much encouragement as we see afresh God’s sovereignty over his church.
This unit will explore and compare the doctrine and practices of some of the Reformation churches of the 16th and 17th centuries, some of the churches in England and the USA of the Revival period of the 18th and 19th centuries, and finally, some contemporary churches and movements. By examining and evaluating areas of continuity and discontinuity of the churches over these periods, you’ll have a richer understanding of your own church tradition, and how it might best function in the present and develop into the future.
If you are interested in this unit, please feel free to contact our registrars for a unit outline on 02 9747 4780 or email.
SMBC, 43 Badminton Road, Croydon 2132
Monday 14 - Friday 18 May 2018
8.30am - 2.30pm
Friday 13 April 2018
- Pre-reading will be advised
- Initial assignment due on the first day
- Essay and assignments will be completed at home in the weeks following the intensive
- Post-intensive assignments via email
- Exams (if applicable) take place several weeks after the intensive. For those living outside of Sydney, it is possible to do your exams near home with an approved supervisor
- Face-to-face lectures during the week in Sydney. Morning tea and lunch provided each day
- Limited onsite accommodation at SMBC may be available with preference given to those travelling from regional locations
- E-library/library resources available.
Learn more about POSTGRADUATE STUDY
Go to APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDY for application details and costs.